By Jennifer Morris
1. Fully qualify your prospective applicants prior to approving and moving them in.
2. Take move in pictures and properly document the condition of the home at the beginning of the tenancy.
3. Communicate what the rights and responsibilities of both parties are.
4. Were maintenance issues dealt with in a timely manner?
5. Did you perform at least one interior inspection to check for preventative maintenance concerns, smoke and carbon monoxide inspections annually?
6. When notice of termination was given was an initial pre-move out inspection disclosure provided to allow the residents to know of the condition prior to moving in and what to prepare for at move out?
7. Did you perform the final move out inspection with the residents?
8. Did you itemize an accounting of the residents security deposit within the 21 days after receiving possession of the home?
9. Did you mail to the last known address and include receipts for charges against the deposit?
10. If you are saying no to any of the questions above please reach out to the NVPOA office at 530-345-1321 and let us point you in the right direction.